How it Works
The Saratoga Shakespeare Company presents productions in historic Congress Park in Downtown Saratoga Springs, NY. Click Here for Directions to the Park or to Contact SSC. Below are details on our format and other helpful tips for attending our performances of Free Shakespeare in Saratoga’s Historic Congress Park.
- Our performances are at 6:00 on Tuesday through Saturday. There are NO Sunday Performances. Performances may be cancelled due to rain.
- Admission is free of charge to all.
- The park is easily accessible to all.
- Limited parking is available in the park. Additional parking is available in the street and in the municipal lots on Spring Street. For additional parking, Download our Parking Guide.
- Audience members are free to bring picnics to the park to enjoy during our pre-show performances and the performance itself. Feel free to feed the actors!
- Seating areas are available for blankets close to the stage and for folding chairs.
- A limited number of folding chairs are available for rental ($5).
- Our concession stand offers Saratoga Shakespeare Company t-shirts, tote bags and hats, cold water, and bug wrist bands.
Following our performances audience members have an opportunity to make donations to insure our being able to continue our program next summer (a $5 donation per person is suggested – quite a bargain!).
You can also help Saratoga Shakespeare keep Free Shakespeare in Saratoga’s Historic Congress Park by making an donation online.